Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Week in review

Drama Queen enjoyed her first gymnastics class. Game day with a new homeschool group was a success. I'm glad Action Man hung out with Drew (daddy) so I was able to chat with some of the other moms and help out with a game. Now I have the names of some fun looking games to add to our selection!

I was astonished when I saw DQ write her brother's and her names down one day. She is not one to want to write except the occasional single letter. I can already see that she is one to not practice something in front of others until she feels a certain mastery. This was a nice window into how she is doing/feeling with writing.

Last week DQ 'read' a book multiple times to Drew and I on separate occasions. It's her first foray into reading on her own. Granted it was verbatim but it was nice to see her want to read to us and not hear 'but I can't read'.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is the current chapter book and Drama Queen is really enjoying it.

Action Man is lovin' on the puzzles this week. I brought home some puzzles from the library and we have added some to our home library as well. DQ is quite happy to help him with them. AM is getting much more insistent in picking out a book instead of just listening to what his sister has chosen for books before bed. I'm enjoying watching him as he finds a love of books.

The week concluded with attendance at a birthday party for a new friend.

It was a good week.

I love homeschooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment